Beat the summer heat with the perfect blend of tangy citrus and delicious black tea. Our lemon iced tea recipe is a delightful fusion of zesty lemons, cane sugar and freshly brewed tea, creating a refreshing beverage that's both invigorating and hydrating. Whether you're hosting a backyard barbecue or simply looking for a cool treat, this easy-to-make lemon iced tea is sure to become your go-to drink all season long. Let's dive into the recipe and savour the delightful flavours of summer in every sip!
- 1/4 cup of Good Morning tea
- 2 cups (500 ml) of boiling water
- 1/2 cup of golden cane sugar
- 1/2 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 1 litre of cold water
- Ice cubes
- Fresh mint leaves (optional)
- Pour the 2 cups of boiling water over the Good Morning tea and let it steep for 6 to 7 minutes.
- Strain the mixture to remove the tea leaves and obtain a concentrated tea.
- Add the golden cane sugar to the hot tea concentrate and whisk to dissolve the sugar.
- Next, mix in the fresh lemon juice and stir well.
- In a large pitcher, add 1 litre of cold water.
- Pour the sweetened tea concentrate into the pitcher with the cold water and mix.
- Allow the mixture to cool in the refrigerator until it becomes thoroughly chilled.
- When serving, add ice cubes to each glass.
- Optionally, garnish the iced tea with a few fresh mint leaves for added flavor.
- Serve it well chilled and enjoy your delicious Lemon Iced Tea. Perfect for refreshing yourself on hot days!